Shure SM58: The Legendary Vocal Microphone for Professionals
For generations, the Shure SM58 has been the go-to microphone for singers, comedians, politicians, religious leaders, and more. Its iconic grille has captured immortal words for all to hear. This microphone is designed with professional vocal use in mind, whether for live performances, sound reinforcement or studio recording.
The SM58 boasts a world-class tailored vocal response, which makes it a popular choice for both singing and speech. It also features a built-in spherical filter that effectively minimizes wind and breath "pop" noise. Its unidirectional (cardioid) pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while reducing unwanted background noise.
This microphone is built for rugged use, with a proven shock-mount system and a steel mesh grille that ensures it will perform consistently even with rough handling, indoors or outdoors. Plus, it comes with an XLR to XLR cable for easy connection.
- The SM58-CN Microphone offers a frequency response aptly tailored for vocals, enhancing midrange and bass rolloff.
- Equipped with a uniform cardioid pickup pattern that isolates primary sound source and limits background interference.
- Pneumatic shock-mount system ensures minimal handling noise.
- Integrated spherical wind and pop filter for superior sound clarity.
- Comes with a break-resistant, 180 degrees rotating stand adapter.
- Demonstrates legendary Shure quality, blending ruggedness and reliability.
- Features cardioid (unidirectional) dynamic characteristic.
- Frequency response is from 50 to 15,000 Hz.
Dynamic (moving coil)
50 to 15,000 Hz
at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage
-56.0 dBV/Pa  (1.6 mV)
Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
0.33 kg (0.72 lb)
Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
Dark gray, enamel-painted, die cast metal; matte-finished, silver colored, spherical steel mesh grille
1 dBV/Pa= 94 dB SPL
1 A25D Swivel Stand Adapter
1 95A2313 Storage Bag