The Iconic Shure SM58: A Microphone for the Ages
From rock stars to presidents, the Shure SM58 is the go-to microphone for anyone who needs to be heard. Its unparalleled engineering and durability have made it a standard for generations.
This top-of-the-line vocal microphone is designed for live performances, sound reinforcement, and studio recordings. It has a tailored vocal response that is recognized as a world standard for singing or speech. With its highly effective built-in spherical filter, wind and breath "pop" noise are minimized. Additionally, the unidirectional (cardioid) pickup pattern isolates the main sound source while minimizing unwanted background noise.
The SM58 is built tough, with a proven shock-mount system and a steel mesh grille that ensure consistent performance even with rough handling, whether it’s used outdoors or indoors.
Please note that the cable is not included.
Cable not included.
- The SM58-LC Microphone offers a frequency response tailored for vocals featuring brightened midrange and bass rolloff.
- Provides a uniform cardioid pickup pattern that isolates main sound source, minimizing background noise.
- Utilizes a pneumatic shock-mount system to reduce handling noise.
- Equipped with an effective built-in spherical wind and pop filter.
- Comes with a break-resistant stand adapter, rotating 180 degrees.
- Ensures legendary Shure quality, ruggedness, and reliability.
- Unidirectional dynamic with a Cardioid pickup pattern.
- Frequency response ranges from 50 to 15,000 Hz.
- Replacement cartridge: R59
Dynamic (moving coil)
50 to 15,000 Hz
at 1 kHz, open circuit voltage
-56.0 dBV/Pa  (1.6 mV)
Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 with respect to pin 3
0.33 kg (0.72 lb)
Three-pin professional audio (XLR), male
Dark gray, enamel-painted, die cast metal; matte-finished, silver colored, spherical steel mesh grille
1 dBV/Pa= 94 dB SPL
1 A25D Swivel Stand Adapter
1 95A2313 Storage Bag