Great: Minimal signs of use.
The SM7B dynamic microphone has a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio applications. It features excellent shielding against electromagnetic hum generated by computer monitors, neon lights, and other electrical devices.
The SM7B has been updated from earlier models with an improved bracket design that offers greater stability. In addition to its standard windscreen, it also includes the A7WS windscreen for close-talk applications.
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal air suspension shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or narration
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
- Replacement cartridge: RPM106
50 to 20,000 Hz
Electromagnetic Hum Sensitivity (Typical, Equivalent SPL/milliOersted)
60 Hz: 11 dB
500 Hz: 24 dB
1 kHz: 33 dB
150 ohms for connection to microphone inputs rated at 19 to 300 ohms.
Output Level (at 1,000 Hz)
Open Circuit Voltage: – 59.0 dB (1.12 mV)
0 dB = 1 volt per Pascal
Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis: Slotted response selector switches.
Cartridge Shock Mount
Internal air-suspension shock and vibration isolator.
Three-pin professional audio (XLR)
Integrated, captive nut for ease of attachment to stand, fits 5/8 in.-27 thread.
Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3.
Dark gray enamel aluminum and steel case with dark gray foam windscreen.
765.4 grams (1 lb, 11 oz)