The Steel String MkII is dead-simple in its operation yet matchless in its rootsy mojo. With gain settings below 1:00, the Steel String Clean Drive MkII makes an incredibly versatile clean boost, with a Filter control to dial in how much of that D-style midrange shaping your instrument demands. Above 1:00, the Steel String Clean Drive MkII begins to sweeten your signal with vine-ripened drive characteristics matured in the California sun. Wide open, this pedal virtually breathes fire, with enough juicy gain to take you from Flavor Town well into Brown County. Optional 18-volt operation (adapter not included) nets you buckets of increased headroom – perfect for studio tracking or pairing this pedal with a vintage amp. All the while, true bypass operation preserves your dry signal whenever you don’t have the Steel String MkII engaged, which, if you’re anything like Sweetwater’s testers, is pretty much a nonissue, since you’ll never want to turn this thing off. The Vertex Steel String MkII is assembled in California and comes in a rugged brushed metal housing with an authentic D-style Level knob.
- Dumble SSS tone from a compact stompbox
- Based on model #001 of an original Dumble SSS amp
- 33% slimmer and lighter than the original Steel String!
- New Jazz/Rock toggle thickens up cleans and tightens up drive tones
- Optional 9 to 18VDC operation (adapter not included)
- True bypass
- Designed & Assembled in California