Whirlwind Qbox All In One Audio Line Tester
Since its introduction in 1997 the Qbox has become one of Whirlwind's most successful "Black Boxes" ever.
The Qbox is the all-in-one audio line tester ideal for applications such as live sound, maintenance, installation work - anywhere audio runs down a cable. The Qbox includes a microphone, a speaker, a test tone generator, outputs for standard headphones, a 1/4" jack for line-in or a 2k Ohm (telephone) earpiece out. A handy clip attaches the Qbox to your belt or equipment rack.
Simply generate into or listen to audio at any point in your system from the mics to the power amps to quickly confirm which sections are working and which ones aren't. The Qbox can quick-check dynamic mics and cables without firing up the entire system. Use the built in mic or tone generator at three different levels for activating a signal path or identifying a specific cable in a pile of cable ends. Powered by a single standard 9V alkaline battery and housed in rugged ABS, the Qbox is light yet able to wIt'stand the wear and tear of fieldwork.
- For an instant hands-free intercom, just plug in headphones and hook up one Qbox on each end of a line and use the built-in microphone.
- Use it to monitor a standard 3-wire intercom feed - LEDs confirm the presence of intercom or phantom power.
- Use it as a squawk box to the stage from the main audio console during set-up. Works in a pinch as a handy, portable, powered monitor too.
- The SOURCE section of the Qbox lets you send a tone or the signal from the built-in condenser mic at mic or line levels.
- The SPEAKER volume control lets you confirm incoming signals at mic or line level.
- A handy MONITOR switch allows the user to listen to a balanced signal or to two separate unbalanced signals on pin 2 or 3 (referenced to pin 1), such as a two-channel intercom.
- A SPLIt'switch disconnects the two XLRs from each other so tone or internal mic can be sent out of one XLR while you listen to what's coming back on the other. Or connect the XLRs together and "loop-through" or daisy-chain units.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.